From AgriTech, FinTech and so much more, this is an already well-established, thriving business community with several entreprise successes based in the area. Please read on as some of our existing business community share their invaluable insight as to why they choose to live and work in this very special place, The Blackwater Valley Economic Development Zone.
- Located 220Km from Dublin; 60km to Cork and 68km to Waterford with average drive times of 160, 53 and 60 minutes respectively.
- 72,231 people living within 30 minute drive
- 12,454 people within a 30 minute drive have undertaken vocational and/or other training including 6,613 at degree level or higher.
- 80% progression rate to 3rd level education from students of Blackwater Community School (775 pupils) in Lismore.
- €19,416 per person disposable income. Waterford ( 69.24) outscores the Cost of Living nationally (75.91) and that of” Waterford outscores the quality of Life nationally Dublin (77.69) and Cork (75.16) Numbeo Cost of Living Index
- €228,078 average asking price for residential housing. Waterford (176.01) outscores the Quality of Life nationally (153.53) and that of Dublin (137.27) and Cork (169.20) – Numbeo Quality of Life Index.
- Over 200km of walking and cycling routes and trails.
Villierstown Education & Culture Project CLG (VECP) currently operates in the areas of Education and Tourism.